Clayton James has been practising law since 1972. He became partner in a midsize Sydney city firm in 1979, it was at this time he practised in areas of Conveyancing, Commercial Litigation, Equity and Estate work and Personal Injury claims as well as the management of that mid-city Sydney firm with a staff of 16 and a suburban office. Clayton and his family due to a family members health reasons moved to the Far North Coast between Lismore and Casino in 1992. Clayton has always been involved in sports both as a participant and administrator. He has played and successfully coached Rugby Union teams for many years. He has just recently retired as the chairman of the Far North Coast Judiciary, a position he held for over 10 years.
Since moving to the far north coast, Clayton has owned and managed a macadamia farm and a stud cattle enterprise winning Supreme of Show at Rockhampton show as well as Supreme Champion Bull and Cow in Sydney.
He has for 15 years volunteered and been the ring steward at over 5 local shows. He was part of the committee which revived Casino Beef Week, which is the Far North Coast’s most successful event, and still participates as a ring steward. His other interests are surfing, fishing, kayaking and skiing.
He is well experienced in a number of areas and approaches tasks in a simple straight forward common sense manner.
Clayton has been involved in a number of unusual cases including successfully suing a Sovereign Country for a Civil wrong conducted in NSW. Clayton has lately obtained the maximum possible payout for an 8 year old girl under NSW Motor Vehicle Act. Clayton will stand up to the big firms and enforce your rights. Clayton has developed an ever increasing practice involving Will disputes, acting for claimants interstate as well as in NSW. This is an area which intrigues him in view of not only the law but the results and service that he can achieve for his clients.
Clayton’s other main areas of practice are Conveyancing, General Wills & Estate matters, family and Commercial Law and accident compensation along with general law matters. With offices located on the Northern Rivers of NSW and Sydney, Clayton and his dedicated staff provide down to earth friendly, professional service.
A Recent Case
In this case which was not one of this firm, the applicant in contesting the will did not declare significant assets such as shareholding a large superannuation and substantial amount in the bank, the applicant was receiving Centrelink payments and the judge won the hearing not only found against him but referred the whole matter and his financial situation to Centrelink.
This case was a timely reminder that the parties should be honest and frank in all their dealings with the court in contesting wills as the applicant would now not only have to pay all the costs but have to deal with a Centrelink investigation and possible prosecution for disputing a will.
- Clayton, I can’t thank you enough when dad and my brothers transferred the farm into dads name and he cut me out – I thought that was the end. You did really well for me and I couldn’t believe that your fees were as low as they were.
– “D”, Koreelah, NSW
- Thanks Clayton. I really did not expect this. This is a great result. I can go on and do my studies now, which makes a great difference in my life.
– “M”, Regency Downs, QLD
- Clayton your work was of the highest standard in a very difficult matter.
– “E”, Wynnum West, Brisbane, QLD
- Finally I am vindicated. I am sure that dad did not wish at all to cut me out of his Will, it’s just my sister can be very persuasive. Thanks Clayton.
– “E”, Wyrallah, NSW
- I know that my father’s intention was that my sisters and I will share equally, however, due to matters beyond his control it turned out I did not get a fair share of the estate. Thank you for your help and for your professional assistance.
– “M”, Casino, NSW
- I didn’t expect the result. It was a pleasant surprise. Thanks.
– “H”, North Ipswich, QLD